Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

I said back then and I say now

• 5 posts
    January 17, 2018 7:37 PM AEDT

Butler went to his third straight All-Star game this past season, when he averaged 23.9 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game. But despite high hopes after adding Dwyane Wade last offseason, the Bulls went a disappointing 41-41 and squeaked into the playoffs as the No. 8 seed in the Eastern Conference. With the Bulls apparently headed for a rebuild of cheap NBA 2K MT Coins, teams were lining up trying to trade for Butler, who was the focus of several rumors this past week. “It’s crazy because there was me talking with guys about Cleveland, then all the outside rumors with Boston, Minnesota, Phoenix, then the feeling that I’m not going anywhere,” Butler said. “I mean, I had so many people telling me what could possibly happen, but I just got to the point where I stopped paying attention to it.“It’s crazy because it reminds you of what a business this is.

You can’t get mad at anybody. I’m not mad — I’m not. I just don’t like the way some things were handled, but it’s OK.”Butler and Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg were a part of one of the more memorable feuds during the 2015 season with Butler criticizing Hoiberg's mild-mannered personality and lack of tough coaching. The tension appeared to carry over to this past season when Butler and Wade were benched by Hoiberg in January because they aired their grievances through the media.“Fred had the same objective that I did. He wanted to win.

I do agree that we go about it differently, but I don’t care what anyone thinks about me as a basketball player," Butler said Friday. "I have no bad things to say about Fred at all. Maybe we didn’t see eye-to-eye on some things and a few things could have been handled different at different times, but like I said back then and I say now, I don’t regret anything. I don’t take anything back. I am who I am, and I’m not perfect in any shape or form.”Butler won't have to worry about mild-mannered personalities with Timberwolves coach Tom Thibodeau, who coached Butler in Chicago before Hoiberg took over in 2015.

Jimmy Butler, traded to the Timberwolves during Thursday's NBA Draft, took to social media Friday to thank the Bulls and their fans for his time in Chicago."I truly struggle with the words because you've been so much more than just my home for the last 6 years, you've been my life!" he wrote, in part, in a caption to an 2K MT Instagram post. "Chicago, I love you. Thanks for embracing a kid from Tomball [Texas] like one of your own."