Forums » Suggestions

Final Fantasy XIV: Is 2018 the Year on the Dragoon?

• 32 posts
    January 10, 2018 8:02 PM AEDT

I've had a long, difficult relationship with Dragoon. The first character I created in FFXIV - during the 1.0 beta, in reality - was a lancer. Years later, when I returned to the game, I created the identical again. Yet for the longest time, I could not definitely stick to it. I leveled lancer, after which it successor, Dragoon, to 60 when that was the level cap through the Heavensward era, but rapidly gave up.

Then, when Stormblood was becoming previewed as well as the battle technique changes have been getting shown, I mentioned that Dragoon looked like it was going to be a powerhouse. It was currently awesome, with celebration buffs and a piercing debuff that single-handedly defined the optimal DPS composition, and with Dragon Sight, that was only going to obtain cheap FFXIV Gil improved. I tried after once again to like Dragoon, making it on the list of 1st jobs I got to 70 - and this time, I did.

Let's say you have never ever played Dragoon, either within this game or in a preceding Final Fantasy. The lore says you are a dragon-killer, so you could jump definitely, seriously higher to engage them. These jumps (and, certainly, your spear) kind the core of one's offense. It really is a rigid job that doesn't allow for significantly deviation when it comes to its rotation, but there's a lot of oGCD abilities and movement solutions that make it truly dynamic. You're constantly pushing buttons, and, thanks to those aforementioned assistance abilities, you boost your party's DPS just by getting there. It feels excellent.

The job is now my major, usurping Samurai, and getting spent a month or two at the helm I can comfortably say it really is possibly greater than it's ever been. It is been a little of a rocky ride, and not only for me, as the way the job changed in four.0 was not terribly well-received. A new long-term stack-building mechanic was introduced, Dragon Eyes, and it polarised people today.

Creating eyes up is actually a important element of one's DPS, however it made use of to take about a minute in addition to a half to max the gauge out - and only seconds to shed it, for those who died or ended up becoming forced to disengage for any lengthy time. It created studying fights demoralising, and Stormblood's initial offerings, particularly Susano did not genuinely look to accommodate the mechanic very nicely.

That's all conjecture, although - the final word has to be that Dragoon is definitely an great job. It's a planet away from the Lancer I messed around with within the XIV beta, and if you're aiming to adjust items up or you ditched it just after Stormblood came out, I'd seriously suggest revisiting it. If you are searching for any spot to begin with it, Eve Malqir's A Dragoon's Life for Me is an superb and hugely extensive guide. Driving a spear by way of a vengeful dragon god by no means felt so good. read more